Custom formed orthotic shoe inserts are created to precisely fit your foot shape so they can more accurately treat many foot and ankle problems, from improper arch support to toe and foot deformities. Not only is proper foot alignment essential for the health of your feet and ankles, but also for your knees, hips, and back. For diabetic patients, specially made shoes, and 3 pairs of removable shoe inserts are covered by Medicare per year, so see your foot doctor.
Some of the many conditions treated with orthotic shoe inserts include the following:
- Pronation problems and improper gait mechanics—Properly formed and placed orthotic inserts can correct arch support problems and improve your walking gait mechanics. This improves spinal alignment and has beneficial effects on your knees, hips, and back as well.
- Diabetic foot problems—Orthotics can isolate and shift pressure away from problem areas such as foot ulcers.
- Plantar fasciitis
- Toe deformities including bunions and hammertoes—Optimally placed metatarsal bone supports can help correct tendon imbalances that cause toes to bend improperly.
- Sports injuries—Not only can custom orthotics help sports injuries to heal faster, they can also prevent many injuries from happening in the first place.
- Morton’s neuroma—Inserts can shift stress and pressure away from the ball of the foot so the affected nerve can heal.
- Heel calluses and fissures—Painful heel problems can be treated and isolated with the help of orthotics.
- Foot and ankle fractures
To find out how custom orthotics can work for you, contact your foot care professional. At Family Foot & Ankle Clinic, Dr. Stephen Markantone treats a wide variety of foot and ankle conditions including sports injuries, diabetic foot issues, pediatric foot conditions, toe and foot deformities, fungal infections, and heel problems. Equipped with the most advanced technologies and a dedicated staff, Family Foot & Ankle Clinic provides individualized and high-quality care for patients in the North Versailles and Delmont, PA areas. Contact our North Versailles office at 412-824-9370 or our Delmont office at 724-733-3338 to schedule an appointment.